As part of my Webs.com website builder review series, I thought I would see how easy it is to insert images into text areas. My goal was to get images inserted in the page and have text wrap around the images. I have to tell you I needed to look this one up in their Help files because it just wasn’t going well. I managed to figure out how to get images on my page and how to get text to wrap images fairly quickly (under ten minutes), but this was terribly non-intuitive. You can see me go through the process by watching the video below.
Things that went well
- I was able to figure out how to insert images into my text areas in under ten minutes
- You can scale your image
- The image can be left, right, or center aligned
- Uploading an image was very fast
Things that were very tedious
- I had to look up how to do this in the help section
- I had to totally move my text to make this work, which meant cutting and pasting text. I just wanted to put an image into text that I already had placed on the page. Very clunky process.
I am pretty sure most people would’ve lost patience with this process. This was not, in any way, intuitive. At one point I really thought I wasn’t going to be able to achieve the results I was after.
Leave a Reply