The Website Intensive
If you don't want to do the technical parts of building a site yourself, need a website up fast, and have a smaller budget ($2,500), this is the service for you.
With this service, I do all the tech work for you. I do the build while you are present via Zoom to see it happen live.
Prior to the live portion of the build, I coach you through all of the website planning and content curation. You get my search engine strategies, you get my guidance as to which platform is best for your needs, and I'll help you select the theme that makes your business look the best to your ideal audience.
While I am doing the build, I will add the content from your homework phase to your website. You'll see how your home page works so you can edit yourself. You'll learn where the search engine information goes for each page. You'll see me customize the colors and set up your navigation. As I'm doing the build with you, I'll record anything you might want to know how to do on your own.
The live build allows us to make decisions and implement them immediately, such as what we might name a page or where an image might be placed. We decide what colors we want to customize and the fonts we will use.
If you want me to show you how to edit your site, we will do that as I build your site during our intensive.
At the end of the intensive sessions, we make your site go live for the world to see, and you can start using it immediately.
This is not for you if you can't clear two five-hour blocks of time to work on your site live with me OR you want the following:
- A custom-designed website service.
- Content created for you.
- Search engine optimization applied to your site by your web developer. With the intensive, you write the copy, I review the copy, I help you revise some of the copy in advance of the build for search engines (typically five pages), and you'll complete the remaining copy edits using the strategies I teach you.
- Marketing strategies developed and executed for your business.
If the Website Intensive doesn't sound right for you, I offer custom website builds.
How Much Does It Cost?
The Website Intensive is $2,500.
How It Works
- I will send you a set of questions after you sign up.
- Once I receive your answers, I'll review all of the information you've provided.
- Next, I'll provide you with prep work to do. Prep work is non-tech. It consists of gathering your images, text, and signing up for the appropriate website service. During this prep process, I am available for any questions you might have so you can get things ready quickly. We'll review your content and I'll guide you as to how to revise it so it is more search-engine friendly.
- Next, we'll set the dates for our Website Intensive.
- During our Website Intensive, I will build your website and answer any questions you have. The sessions take place via Zoom. At the end of the sessions, we will make your site publicly available so you can start using it immediately.
How Much Time is Needed?
The initial homework that you'll do typically takes 2 - 3 weeks; this is when you'll get your content together with my guidance.
Once the content has been prepared, we do ten hours of live work, normally broken into two five-hour sessions.
This is a consulting service, so you get my time and expertise. I do the technical work of building your site, and you get my knowledge to help guide what kind of content we should put on your site, where that content should go, and I'll be part of making the design decisions with you.
This process does not include the costs of your domain name, your website hosting, email, the purchasing of images, or the purchase of any other tools or services for your website or online presence.