This review is for the Webnode website builder. I review website builders so I can better advise my clients as to which website builder makes the most sense for them. I build in WordPress; it’s my preferred platform. But a lot of people need to do it themselves, and that’s when a website builder is appropriate. I am not paid by any of the website builders or other services mentioned on my website to link to them or talk about their products.
Is Webnode free to use?
- No ads
- Their free templates are mobile responsive (this means they will automatically change based on the device on which your website is being viewed).
- Webnode lets you make use of some of their SEO features for free.
- 100 MB of storage (that’s not a ton, but will do for most to get started)
- 1 GB of bandwidth (this is also usually fine for beginning sites)
With Webnode’s free website builder account, you don’t get:
- To assign your own domain name – so this is a big deal that will push you up to a paid account quickly.
- Email addresses for your domain name – like firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a big deal if you want to look professional.
- Adding forms to your website. This is also a big deal if you want a contact form.
- Google Analytics. This is a huge deal. Google Analytics will tell you where your traffic is coming from and what pages they are viewing and more. This is a critical tool if you want to market your business via your website. This feature isn’t available until you go up to the Standard Webnode account, which starts at $11.95 per month.
So what do I think of the free Webnode website builder account? I think it’s fine to check out the interface and try out the builder tool to see if it makes sense to you. And then you’ll need to move up to the Standard account so you can have your site traffic tracked by Google Analytics, because if you don’t have your website data it is really hard to know what is working and not working for you on your site to grow your business.
Would you like some free help preparing for your site? Cool. Here’s a free download I created just for you.
How much does the Webnode website builder cost?
How much does it cost to buy a domain name through Webnode?
My opinion of the Webnode website builder
- I think the online store is a bit pricey, but the non-shopping cart prices are pretty normal.
- Webnode’s website templates look lovely. They appear modern and flexible and there are a lot of choices.
- I would prefer to see that Webnode has its own credit card processing service like other website builders do, but the plus side is they integrate with PayPal.
- It would be really cool if Webnode offered video tutorials. I could only find one in their support forum. On the positive side, they have screenshots illustrating the steps.
- I love their testimonials and that their testimonials link to the customers’ live site. And the customer sites are rather nice.
- I would like to see a video demonstration on the home page of what the Webnode website editor actually looks like.
- I’m not seeing a demonstration or any mention of a blogging environment on their website and I believe this is a requirement to have available.
- Lastly, I like they say they have search engine optimization features
- Overall, Webnode looks like a website builder that is on the rise. They have improved a lot since I last reviewed them in 2013. This is one of the better website builder tools I have reviewed.
Click here to grab my free download to help you get all your ducks in a row before your build your site.
Even though I made it for people who are getting ready to hire a web pro, 80% of it will help you if you are building your site on your own.